Sunday, March 05, 2006

Early Morning Poetry

2:30 AM.....why am I up? Here's a poem that I whipped up while I was waiting to go to bed.

O' New Love!
So fresh and green.
It captures us so unaware,
and holds us warmly in its arms.

I can't escape it's drawing power.
It pulls me in, and leaves me swimming
and dreaming in a thousand stars
All streaming across the sky.

It's a rush.
A sprinters burst of speed,
That sweetly distiles into marathon's melodic pace.

What's the price of such a treasure as this?
Your heart.
Or at least the portion of it you give to the person
In whom's arms you find all of this glorious thing called
"love".

6 comments:

Table of Stone said...

what?
First of all Boobah! Whoever you are. he didn't spell it destiles, he spelled is distils, so i think we can give him the benefit of the doubt and say he just missed an L. Second of all, who cares if he left an apostraphe off of sprinters, he can write however he wants this ain't and yes i said ain't english class. (no offense intended)

Table of Stone said...

either way, he didn't spell it the way you said!!! And it looked worse the way you spelled it. And next time you comment randomly on someone's blog, i suggest you comment nicely. Wouldn't it have been better if you had just said you liked the poem upfront since someone else wrote it?

Table of Stone said...

you are uncool. I just think you should know that. The entire point is that you were critical for absolutly no reason. And I realize that maybe I'm getting a little worked up over something minor but honestly, you should think about that.

Unknown said...

Can I just say how aweseome all of this is! I love it!

And yes...I mispelled Awesome on purpose. BOoobah

Gracie said...

oh no, It's the attack of the Boobahs!!!

Great poem, Adam. :)

Lady Godiva said...

okay well i don't know who the boobahs are but while talking about mispellings... "tyrannical" is mispelled in your blog subtitle. in other news, i bought you a shirt today. it was $18.50 and i hope you like it. ooooh and i have conquered two new italian recipes that EVERYONE is going to try next sunday.