Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Reintroduction

Well hello....I didn't see you sitting there. Due to the fact that all the cool kids are starting their blogs back I figure why not start my own back. I mean it was cool, we had fun doing it.
So as usual I will put a post that I don't have to put a lot of effort into, one of my favorite poems

(p.s. 1st post in over a year, and the 1st post of the year. You should say that about everything you do this new year...its just more fun that way.)


What's a rainbow,
but a trick of light?
What's a sunset,
but the natural ending of a day?
Has it no been so since days began....
Giving meaning to time,
But for who?
But for man.

A sunset should mean only what its set to be.
So why has a sunset brought new meaning to me?

Why have sunsets begun to warm my soul?
Natural heat surpassed by some other glow.

Why have rainbows begun to trick light in me?
Light that is blind from the world's eye,
Bright, too bright to see.

The world itself has changed,
all anew.
It pulses with music unheard by some,
but heard by me.
It started its tune what seems like years ago.
Of course it has probably always been there......
I just lacked the method to hear its melodies played.

Now the instrument of my soul tuned to to its perfect key,
The sounds bring new meaning to everything.

The sunset, the rainbow.
The valley, the stream.
The flower.
The girl.............ah yes, the girl.
The key to which this whole machination began.

7 comments:

Dodger of Sheep said...

As I have said before, this poem is quite good. Whoever wrote it must have been pretty inspired.

Table of Stone said...

Yea for blogging!!! This excites me...but why am I talking to you on here and why did I find this out by "stumbling" across it? Graham knew somehow...yea we're gonna have to work on that!

Unknown said...

Look I can't help it if you don't take a more personal role in my blogging life. Graham new because of the Prinsaul connection. It was inevitable that he would sense the disturbance. So whats your excuse?

Table of Stone said...

i don't have an excuse...my whole problem is the "prinsaul connection". We're gonna have to work on that.

Amy said...

Adam, you're going to marry her. She deserves to know things before Graham.
And I didn't know you wrote poetry... look at you.... straight our of a Jane Austen novel.

Dodger of Sheep said...

If it's any comfort, Emily, you are very good at disrupting the connection. And now there will just be more and more static as the years go on...but this is a good thing.

Unknown said...

Fiance,

The Prinsaul connection should not be looked at as a problem. I mean you need to look at it as a great blessing to you. Not only are you getting me as an awesome future husband, but I am bringing to the table an awesome friend. And you've got to look at it like this....the Prinsaul connection can be an early warning device. Say for instance we wanted to go down to an Auburn game...and then on the way down I get a "sense" from the connection and I call Graham to find out that there is a wreck on 65 and if we had continued that way we woudl have missed the game.
Without the connection....traffic jam.
Think about it.


Amy,
I don't know how you could have missed the fact that Jane Austen based her best male character after me. That's where she got the idea of awesome men writing awesome poetry. But since I'm such an awesome guy I won't point this out to you since it would be an indecency.