Sunday, February 08, 2009

In Onore Del Padrino

"But, now you come to me and you say "Don Corleone, give me justice." But you don't ask with respect. You don't offer friendship. You don't even think to call me Godfather. Instead, you come into my home on the day my daughter's to be married and you ask me to do murder for money." Don Vito Corleone

"Bonasera. Bonasera. What have I ever done to make you to treat me so disrespectfully. If you had come to me in friendship then this scum that ruined your daughter would be suffering this very day. And if by chance an honest man like yourself should make enemies then they would become my enemies. And then, they would fear you." Don Vito Corleone

"Good. Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day comes. Accept this justice as a gift on my daugther's wedding day." Don Vito Corleone

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse." Don Vito Corleone

"Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgement." Michael Corleone

"I don't feel like I have to wipe everybody out, Tom. Just my enemies." Michael Corleone

"Never let anyone outside of the family know what you're thinking." Don Vito Corleone

"I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart!" Don Vito Corleone

"You could act like a man! What's the matter with you? Is this what you've become, some hollywod finnochio that cries like a woman?" Don Vito Corleone

"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with this family can never be a real man." Don Vito Corleone

"I spent my whole life trying not to be careless. Women and children can be careless. But not men." Don Vito Corleone


Non e' personale. Appena commercio.

4 comments:

Dodger of Sheep said...

Words of wisdom.
But remember: Leave the gun, take the canole.

Unknown said...

Never forget the canole.

Dodger of Sheep said...

The canole is the symbol of all that is good in the mafia life, the gun, all that is bad, but necessary. The highest ideal of the mafioso is to be able to someday leave the gun, but still take the canole.

Unknown said...

Its like one day being able to unite both the chaotic darkness, and the ordered light.

Hmmm......