Monday, January 30, 2006

My brothers, My sisters

I was pondering here while I was trying to study..and I got to thinking. We often joke, we being the sons and daughters of Zion, about the fact that people might think we are kinda weird or strange becuase whenever we talk about our members of the church in a story we call them "Brother So-and-so" or "Sister Who's-it-whats". And we think, "Hmm..I wonder what people think about when we call them Sister, and Brother."

But you know...I'm glad that we have that. I am glad that I am able to call all of you my brothers and sisters. There is somewhere in the bible I can't think of where and am too lazy to look it up, but I think it is Jesus that tells us that if we follow Him we will gain in all things. We will gain a family that is inumerable, and mansions in heaven. The "inumerable" family is what I think about. I have 1 older and 1 younger sibling. I can never expirience how it is to have a older sister, or how it is to have a younger brother. But when I am part of the family of God I have an inumerable amount of old brothers, and sisters, and younger brothers and sisters. And that is just thrilling. To know that I have sooo many brothers and sisters that are just like me, they love me, and we all love God. Oh and I can't forget my great Mothers and Fathers in the church....I love them too.

So I just wanted to give yall that...I love each and every one of you and hope you have a good week.

2 comments:

fa-so-la-la said...

Amen amen amen! It makes me want to cry just thinking about all this... we are so blessed and we take it so for granted. God is good.

Laura Kathryn said...

What a blessing, Brother Adam.
Your sister -Kathryn